All members of Castlefield's team are committed to achieve a high quality of services for you, our patients.
We do everything we can to keep you healthy. We will treat you as an individual and make every effort to respect your personal beliefs. We will also try to ensure that you have easy access to the services you use and that you understand the care and treatment we offer.
In return for these standards, we ask that you also accept responsibility.
Our Responsibility to You
- You will be treated as an individual and will be given courtesy and respect at all times.
- You have the right to be treated in a confidential manner.
- We will try to answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
- You will be able to see a doctor of your choice, where possible, within two working days.
- We will try to see you within 30 minutes of your appointment time. You will be offered an explanation if we cannot do this. The length of a routine, booked doctor’s appointment is 10 minutes.
- Emergency appointments are normally booked for 10 minutes.
- We will explain the likely effects of any drugs and review your long-term medical needs at an agreed time.
- We will advise you about how to obtain the results of any tests or x-rays you will have undergone.
- If we believe that you need a second opinion we will try to help you to get this.
- You may request a visit at home if you are really too ill or infirm to be brought to surgery.
- You will receive a home visit outside normal surgery hours for emergencies when it is appropriate.
- Whenever possible we will give you 24 hours’ notice of any cancelled surgery or clinic.
- We will maintain accurate medical records.
- We will offer advice and information about how you can promote good health and avoid illness.
- You will be able to have a copy of our practice booklet.
- We have the right to remove patients from our list if they repeatedly and persistently ignore their responsibilities to other patients, and us, or act in a violent threatening manner towards any member of the practice.
Your Responsibility to Us – Help Us to Help You
- We ask that you treat the doctors and all practice staff with the courtesy and respect.
- Please do not expect us to reveal confidential information to a third party without written authorisation.
- Please try to call outside of peak surgery times for non-urgent requests. Our telephone lines are generally quiet early afternoon.
- Please remember that the doctor may not always be available due to other commitments, holidays etc….
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot.
- You should not expect to be given a prescription every time you visit the doctor. Please remember to check your cupboards before ordering repeat prescriptions, always take medicines as directed.
- Facilities for examination and treatment are better at the surgery and the less time a doctor spends travelling the more time is available for patients.
- Please remember to tell us if you cannot make your appointment.
- Please bring any suggestion or complaint to any member of the practice team.
- We can make records available to you within 40 days of the request but you may be charged for this.
- You have a responsibility too. Please remember to tell us if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- You are responsible for your own health and that of your children and should take appropriate action and advice.
- If you are seriously unhappy with the services we provide, or us, you have the right at any time to leave our list and to register with another practice.