The secretary deals with doctor’s and outside agencies correspondences, liaising with other health care professionals and also professionals from various backgrounds, i.e. lawyers, solicitors, cold callers etc.
Sue is able to refer patients to relevant services on the direction and dictation from the doctor or a member from secondary care.
Secretary duties also include;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Answering general enquires in relation to referrals, medical reports etc.
- Providing support to the doctor’s
- Writing letters or recording medical notes
- Filing and typing up reports