Welcome to Castlefields Surgery
YOUR DATA, PRIVACY AND THE LAW.
HOW WE USE YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS
CASTLEFIELDS SURGERY IS ONE OF MANY ORGANISATIONS WORKING IN THE HEALTH AND CARE SYSTEM TO IMPROVE CARE FOR PATIENTS AND THE PUBLIC.
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing your with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours/urgent or emergency care services.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical Cytology and Diabetes Prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to, for instanace when we are inspected or are reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research.
The information collected about you when you use these services can also be provided to other approved organisations, where there is a legal basis, to help with planning services, improving care provided, research into developing new treatments and preventing illness. All of these help to provide better health and care for you, your family and future generations. Confidential personal information about your health and care is only used in a way where allowed by law and would never be used for insurance or marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
You have a choice about whether you want your confidential patient information to be used in this way.
To find out more about the wider use of confidential personal information and to register your choice to opt out if you do not want your data to be used in this way, visit www.nhs.uk/my-data-choice. If you choose to opt out you can still consent to your data being used for specific purposes.
If you are happy with this use of information you do not need to do anything. You can change your choice at any time.
SURGERY CLOSURE DAYS FROM 12.30 AND RE-OPENING AT 08.00 THE NEXT DAY
12TH SEPTEMBER 2018
10TH OCTOBER 2018
14TH NOVEMBER 2018
5TH DECEMBER 2018
16TH JANUARY 2019
13 FEBRUARY 2019
13 MARCH 2019
3 APRIL 2019
15 MAY 2019
12 JUNE 2019
10 JULY 2019
11 SEPTEMBER 2019
9 OCTOBER 2019
13 NOVEMBER 2019
4 DECEMBER 2019
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
We have a disabled access to the front of the building and a lift inside the building and a wheelchair on the premises for those who require it. There are also patient toilets located on the first and second floor, which is accessible by wheelchair.
If access should prove difficult or assistance is required, please consult a member of staff. As we continually strive to improve patient services, please let us know of any suggestions you may have for us to consider.
Castlefields Surgery is a non-dispensing, non-teaching Practice.
(Site updated 11/12/2018)